Here are some important benefits of dates:
- Dates contain several vitamins and minerals, in addition to fiber and antioxidants. However, they are high in calories since they are a dried fruit.
- They are high in fiber, which may be beneficial for preventing constipation and controlling blood sugar control.
- They contain several types of antioxidants that may help prevent the development of certain chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
- They may be helpful for lowering inflammation and preventing plaques from forming in the brain, which is important for preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- They may promote and ease natural labor for pregnant women when consumed during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- They are a healthy substitute for white sugar in recipes due to their sweet taste, nutrients, fiber and antioxidants.
- They have been claimed to promote bone health and aid in blood sugar control, but these effects have not been studied sufficiently.
- There are many different ways to eat dates. They are commonly eaten plain but can also be incorporated into other popular dishes.