Walnuts benefits are:
- Walnuts are an excellent source of antioxidants that can help fight oxidative damage in your body, including damage due to “bad” LDL cholesterol, which promotes atherosclerosis.
- Walnuts are a good source of the plant form of omega-3 fat, which may help reduce heart disease risk.
- Several plant compounds and nutrients in walnuts may help decrease inflammation, which is a key culprit in many chronic diseases.
- Eating walnuts not only nourishes you but also the beneficial bacteria that live in your gut. This promotes the health of your gut and may help reduce disease risk.
- Walnuts contain nutrients that may help protect your brain from damaging inflammation and support good brain function as you age.
- Eating walnuts regularly may help counteract potential harmful effects of less-than-ideal eating habits on sperm health.